JOINT PERFORMANCE MONITORING VISIT TO GOMBE STATE FOR PILOT TESTING OF TOOLS ENTRY AND EXIT MEETINGS REPORT
The meeting which was held at the GomSACA conference started at about 9am with two representatives from NACA and the following organizations and IPs represented: SACA, MoH, NEPWN, CISHAN, SFH, CIHP, Path Finder Int.
The purpose of the visit was to test a new tool (Performance based Management Tool) with the intention to improve on the performance of HIV intervention in the state.
The two NACA representatives briefed SACA and other IPs on how their activities will be which includes a visit to 5 facilities and CBOs. Four IPs are supporting HIV in the state.
This IPs includes:
1. CIHP- they support HIV activities in 11 Local Governments, 18 ART sides, providing drugs, laboratory supports, screening of pregnant women and support. They are been funded by PEPFAR.
2. Path Finder International a�� they support 6 Comprehensive sides in 3 Local Governments and they are been funded by Global funding.
3. SFH a�� they support HIV prevention intervention across the state.
PROCESS OF THE VISIT
a�? Inadequate funding of HIV activities by government, as such, HIV activities are dependents on IPs and donors
a�? Inadequate monitory of HIV activities and facilities
a�? Incomplete collection of data
a�? DBS- Turnaround time for result up to 4 months e.g. sample taken but result not delivered on time, even if delivered, they are not documented on the register.
a�? Blood samples stored in some equipments that are not functioning
a�? Parallel registers in a Performance Based Facility (PBF and Non PBF) e.g. Sabana facility.
a�? Poor data mechanism system
a�? Partners only come to collect data, SACA comes only when they need data, and they do not feel there is synergy.
a�? Quality of data not reflective of service.
a�? In GCDA do not have guidelines on FSW and sample not in place
a�? The checklist really voluminous, should be made user friendly, the tool should be reviewed
a�? SACA running a zero cost, but the issue of data collection will be reviewed
a�? For past 3 years there has never been any review meeting
a�? We have challenges of coordination with partners. SACA not in the picture of some of them. NACA should keep in touch with SACA for harmony
a�? No any engagement with NSHIP-PHCDA, there is need for HIV component to be active
a�? On SOPs/Guidelines are usually few, SOPs can be produced and shared. There is also need for people to know the importance of these documents
a�? National Sample Referral is still new thing to us
a�? Data challenge is with LACAa��s M&E
a�? Financial challenges have continued to be the biggest challenge in valid data collection.
1. Partners should resolve the above issues through advocacies
3. Improve monitoring and supervision
1. SACA and IPs should work as a team during planning and implementation, supervision.
2. PHC Coordinators, Local government M & Es and LACA M & Es should come together for a one day meeting to resolve the issue of data collection.
1. Sharing of work plan for the month or quarter with the state.
2. Reminding IPs to come with their work plan either monthly or quarterly
3. Focal person responsible for calling coordination meeting is Mathew Kalla
1. The focal person should continue calling the meeting
2. Treatment, Care and Support, the focal person is Helen Holand
3. Prevention TWG focal person a�� Hajiya Fatima Maisamari
4. Socail Mobilization TWG focal person a�� Mahmud Elnafaty
5. M & E Unit SACA
Member composition of coordinating meeting committee
2. Path finder
Objectives of the coordinating meeting
1. Plan activities for the month, implementation, challenges and ways forward.
1. Complete report to be circulated by the team to IPs and SACA for appropriate action.
2. State holders meeting by SACA and IPs was held on 18/10/2018 to figure out a way forward regarding the above identified issues.
3. Report will be shared, it will be shared with partners and donors
4. States should respond to immediate issues that pertain to them
5. Log Frames will shared with SACA, IPs need to feel in their part
6. Only indicators that would lead to achieving National Targets in the National Plan that would be tracked.
SACA appreciates the team from NACA for the visit.
SPECIFIC ACTION POINTS
1. Strengthen Comprehensive Data collection system
2. Hold meeting with partners to look we can jointly support Data Collection
3. We will fall back to our former plan during WB supported program
The need to use one harmonized National Tools unlike now that Partners use their customized Tools.