Nigeria with the support of the USG-CDC and Global Fund will be conducting a National Key Population size estimation. The Size estimation is proposed to be done in 6+1 USG supported states through CDC and 9 states supported by Global Fund through SFH. The objective of the study is to conduct a situational analysis including mapping to provide reliable data on the situation and the estimation of the size of MSM, FSW and PWID. The overall objective of the study is to improve interventions in Nigeria in response to HIV/AIDS through greater knowledge and evidence-based MSM, FSW and PWID data. Gombe State is one of the States selected for the survey and the State Agency for the Control of AIDS (GomSACA) which coordinates HIV/AIDS Activities in the state is currently seeking qualified candidates as data collectors for the Collection of data during the exercise. The objective Is to ensure that accurate data are entered into data collection forms, documented and reported to data manager as at when due.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conducting key informant interviews at the key identified hotspots within each zone. These interviews, involve primary key informants (key population members and those closely related; FSWs, PWIDs, MSM, pimps, madams, brokers, barman, bunk owners etc.)
2. Conducting interviews with the patrons and key population members who are knowledgeable about the sites
3. Indirect validation through asking key populations met during observation period about other public places they had visited or planned to visit
• Must be friendly and have a non-discriminatory attitude towards persons belonging to key populations (MSM, PWID and FSW).
• Must be at least a Diploma
• Must have experience in administering questionnaires for a large scale survey.
• Must be resident of Gombe State.
• Have good understanding of the socio-cultural environment of the community.
• Must have participated in the state level training and passed the necessary tests.
• Should be able to speak the language of the state/community of assignment.
• Must be available for the period of data collection.
• A previous history of engaging in similar research is an advantage
• Ability to speak local languages is also an advantage
• Must sign an undertaking of good conduct and behavior
• Persons who is Staff of KP friendly CBOs known to engage positively with Key populations groups has added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates should apply through the following link: http://www.clickgombe.com/gomsaca
Closing Date: Friday 10th August, 2018.